06 July 2009

Analyze This, 1999

I was strolling through the library and found the Analyze duo. So, the first one was entertaining - not stupendous, not rolling on the floor, not side-splitting. I do not think I even got past a good grin. Interesting story-line, and Deniro delivered a solid, rough character type as well as most of the mafia guys. Except, and this is a big one, except when Deniro cried. Yeah, I realize it was supposed to be counter to his character, but he did a horrible job faking it. Wow.

I feel bad for Kudrow. She has this mannerism about her that she developed over the long years of shooting Friends, and now she cannot shake it - I see Phoebe everywhere she goes. For her sake, I hope she can break out of it at some point. Of course, Meg Ryan never really broke out of her own cast either.....

For a Billy Crystal film, I wanted more comedy, more wit. Am I that dense that I missed most of it? I am somewhat biased in thinking that I am not, but.... =)

And that's about it for This.

No comments: