12 July 2010

The Last Airbender, 2010

Apparently, my expectations for this movie were a bit too high. I guess the fact that there were kid actors should have clued me in. Granted, that sounds harsh for young, talented actors - my biggest beef with this film was the horrible script. While it dealt with some excellent topics like "responsibility", most of the dialog was horrid and some of it just down right asinine. I was also supremely pissed off when the last few scenes were an obvious jumping-off point for a sequel. I will not be seeing the sequel, thank you very much.

With so many Asian influences (including the middle-eastern flavors of the Fire Nation), I just could not understand why Katara and Sokka were cast as white Americans.

This really was a young teen's movie, I think. Unfortunately. Not much for an adult to draw from.

No comments: