09 January 2010

Angels and Demons, 2009

It is interesting how Dan Brown (the author of these stories) focuses so much on religious corruption and super-secret socieities, mixing in much myth, legend and old-school fables.

I like Tom Hanks for these films. It is possible others could have filled his shoes (maybe), but I like him in what he did. I am not so sure I liked the pairing of him with the obligatory "good girl" scientist Vittoria - I did not find her believable at all. I felt that the Catholic population was well cast, even though I had strong doubts about Ewan; but he pulled through.

The story is a good bit of entertainment. I think I might be fed up with all the hooplah surrounding The Illuminati and such, between Dan Brown's stories and "National Treasure". However, the twist in this one is a good one. Overall, good flick but would not see it again.

No comments: